First Class of the Year!

Welcome back, I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and I'd like to wish you all the best in the New Year! I will be hosting my first class of the year on Monday the 9th and I sure hope I'm feeling better by then. I have been sick for over a month now and I can't seem to shake it! I spoke at a ladies Bible Study and then taught a simple Christmas card on the 22nd of November, by that evening I had laryngitis and it's been one thing after another since then...the hardest part is... I'm never under the weather. I just don't seem to catch whatever it is that's going around...guess I can't say that anymore!
I did still mange to have some play time (albeit not enough)...so in between sniffles, tissue, naps...yikes!!! are you sick of me yet!!!! Well, I did get a card created and now all I have to do is cut my kits, and tidy my house...well, cut my kits for sure! So here is my card ~ 


And a quick shot of the inside 


I thought I'd also give you the dimensions and instructions as to how I put this together. Now that my card is complete there are a few things that I would have done differently...such as...my flourish from the Fresh Vintage, I wish I would have used Very Vanilla instead of the Whisper White, so my kits will be cut using that instead ~ and ~ I also wished I would have stamped off my flourish from Baroque Motifs once before I  stamped it to the inside of my card...so with having said all that, here are the instructions for you!

Card Base ~ Sahara Sand 8 1/2 x 5 1/2 ~ score at 4 1/4
Layer 1 ~ Old Olive 3 1/2 x 4
Layer 2 ~ Rose Red 3 1/4 x 3 3/4
Layer 3 ~ Mocha Morning DP 3 1/8 x 3 11/16
Layer 4 ~ Old Olive 2 1/4 x 3
Layer 5 ~ Whisper White 2 1/8 x 2 7/8
  1. Score card and stamp flourish from Baroque Motifs on right hand side
  2. Adhere Layers 1 to 3, once you find your placement adhere Lace Ribbon Border in Rose Red over your stamped flourish image ~ using Dimensionals, place framed DP to card
  3. Using write markers (Rose Red & Old Olive) ~ paint the flourish from Fresh Vintage and stamp onto a piece of Whisper White (2 1/2 x 3) ~ after this is stamped, cut to 2 1/8 x 2 7/8 ~ adhere this to Layer 4 and add Basic Pearls where desired.
  4. Stamp ‘Friend’ from Family Reunion onto a scrap of Whisper White using Rose Red, punch out with Word Window, punch Old Olive scrap using the Modern Label punch, adhere together and place where desired onto your card!

Thank you so much for stopping by today, I hope you enjoyed your time with me.  Here are a couple of shots of our four grandsons, although they are not good pictures, I'd love to show you the cuteness that we live with. We are so blessed ~ thanks again and enjoy your day!



If you live in Winnipeg or the vicinity and would like to host a party I would love to come and stamp with you and your friends!! Or, if space is an issue, come here and create with me at one of my many clubs or classes! Drop me a line for further info! I'd love to meet you! Enjoy your day!

Comments

  1. what a elegant card denise it looks gorgeous.
    the picture are fabulous.
    the best wishes for 2012.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, Denise! This is a great color combination!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card design Denise, lovely colours, l cant wait to ink up this set, thanks for the inspiration!
    What beautiful pictures of your grandsons and what joy Grandchildren bring.
    Happy new year to you all Denise and l hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry you're under the weather....but your card doesn't prove it, it's beautiful! Thanks for sharing those handsome boys, too! :D Feel better sooN!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha -- Monday night you say?? ;) This is a gorgeous card. I pray that you have a restful and healing weekend. Love the picture of your grandsons.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time in leaving me a comment! I hope I have inspired you ~ I do take the time to read each comment and value your words of encouragement! Have a great day and happy creating!

Popular posts from this blog

Card Class This Week !!!

Technique Tuesday, Adoring Hearts ~ #denisewillerton #stampinchezmoi #stampinupcanada

Kylie's Highlights Winners Blog Hop #denisewillerton #bloghop #stampinupcanada #stampinchezmoi