My World Has Been Rocked!

There are no words to describe the love I have for my father and the depth of my heart ache. Oh how I miss you Papa! The tears are never ending and I catch myself waiting to hear his voice and yet... knowing that my ears will not hear him call me ~ I never realized how deeply I would hurt in saying good bye to this beautiful man. And now, with tears streaming down my face, I try to get back to my new normal without my dad in my daily life. Dad was always so interested in what I was up to ~ whether is was another card for someone, or a knitting project that I was in the middle of, or sharing time with our children and grandchildren ~ Dad was apart of it all ~ and I hurt!!!






On October 5, 2014 as I sat alone with my dad in the hospital, my hand resting on his face...I read this out loud to him...

Isaiah 40:28-31Do you not know?  Have you not heard?  The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth.  He will not grow tired or weary,  and his understanding no one can fathom.  He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

and then I sensed I was to read Psalm 23...as I began to read this, I moved my hand from his face and laid it gently on his heart...I began to read...

The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He makes me to lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside the still waters. He restores my soul; He leads me in the paths of righteousness For His name’s sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; For You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.....

I looked up at him 'Pa???'...just then, my husband Dean and brother Dave walked in..'I think he's gone' ~ Forever loved and forever missed! I love you Papa!

 

Comments

  1. These words and thoughts must have been difficult to write, but knowing you will see your Pa in heaven is a comfort. I pray each day will get a little easier for you, my friend. You were blessed beyond measure to have such a wonderful dad!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time in leaving me a comment! I hope I have inspired you ~ I do take the time to read each comment and value your words of encouragement! Have a great day and happy creating!

Popular posts from this blog

Card Class This Week !!!

Technique Tuesday, Adoring Hearts ~ #denisewillerton #stampinchezmoi #stampinupcanada

Kylie's Highlights Winners Blog Hop #denisewillerton #bloghop #stampinupcanada #stampinchezmoi