Thursday, February 10, 2011

PPA80 & CQC71

I created this anniversary card following the color challenge from CQC #71 for a darling friend of mine.  She is an extremely creative gal and loves anything elegant, vintage, pearly (it that a word?)...anyway, I think you get the idea ~ she is one classy girl! This is my first attempt at 'elegant' and I'm very pleased with the outcome! 
This is the color challenge ~

Perfect for a vintage card...just her style...and then this morning I noticed this challenge from PPA #80, this was just too perfect to pass up, so the challenge from PPA was called Vintage is in vogue! 
Sure hope you like it my sweet friend :-)


I just love the interesting fold that I did for this card! It came together so nicely! Antique brad, fancy fold, pearls, corner scrolls, soft colors....VINTAGE!!!! Yipee, this is a first for me! Here are a few other pix of the card for you...




Thank you so much for stopping by today ~ I hope you have a wonderful day! My DH and I are off to Brandon this afternoon, our son Marc Ross has a gig at the Lady of The Lake, can't wait to see him. We haven't seen him since Christmas, this is one special day for me!

  • Stamps: Bliss 
  • Paper: Whisper White, Blushing Bride, Crumb Cake, Pretty In Pink, Pink Pirouette
  • Ink:  Pretty In Pink, Pink Pirouette
  • Acc:  Antique Brad, Pearls, Scallop Oval Punch, Corner Accent, Flower Daisy (non SU)
All Supplies Stampin’ Up Unless Noted!

17 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I love the unique fold. The pearls are the perfect touch! Thanks for playing at Pals Paper Arts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card. I love the colors - so soft. Thank you for playing along with Pals Paper Arts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just gorgeous! So soft and pretty....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely - the unique fold is great! Thanks for playing along this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Denise...I nominated you for a blog award. Please visit Saturday's post on The Stampin' Schach.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Definitely elegant. Beautiful job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Denise, what a lovely card. I checked out your blog early this morning but had not yet left a comment. I subscribed through my Windows Live blog feed.

    I just saw your comment on my card. Wow, was I surprised with the nomination. That is a first for me. I was going to send you an email but didn't see an email address. So I will just give you a real big thank you right here. I noticed we are using the same blogger template. I did have the same color as yours but changed it just a few days ago. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is LOVELY, I love the flower on the front, beautiful! Thanks for playing at colourQ this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card. I just came from Ann Schach's site and saw your name. I took a look thru your blog and became a follower right away. I love your style. I know I can come here and get inspired. Nice to neet you!!!

    Babe
    youiesmom@att.net

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a goregous layout and colours. I love the flower and the swirls. Beautiful.

    gr. Marja
    the Netherlands

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a beautiful card, Denise! Love the flower and all the beautiful stamping! Thanks for playing the ColourQ challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeousness personified! And congrats on your "Liebster" award!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a sweet card. Love it.

    Leslii
    http://studio23hudson.blogspot.com
    studio23hudson.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my goodness!! This was worth being banned from your blog for a week my friend. This card is absolutely gorgeous and I love it!! What's even better is that I am now the privileged owner of it. It is even more beautiful IRL. Soft and elegant and yes vintage - love the pearls too. The vellum butterflies are stunning. I could go on and on -- I love everything about it. This such a pretty fold too and you know I love different folds - thank you for introducing me to a new one.

    ReplyDelete
  15. this is gorgeous denise.
    love your flower.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  16. Trovo questa card veramente elegante nella sua semplicità. Laura

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time in leaving me a comment! I hope I have inspired you ~ I do take the time to read each comment and value your words of encouragement! Have a great day and happy creating!