Monday, February 28, 2011

Butterfly Kisses ~ UDI #24 & SSSC #106

I had SO much fun with this challenge and I can't wait to teach wax paper resist to my girls. Sorry girls, you'll have to wait a few weeks! The UDI Color Challenge #24 was just perfect for what I had in mind, and when I found this sketch at Sweet Sunday Sketch #106, the inspiration began to flow.  




This took a bit of work ~ first I had all my elements ready to go, but didn't put it together until I had shuffled, moved, shuffled again....there....I think I like that! Then it started to come together ~
~ So here's my card ~


A little side shot ~ my colors are way off on this shot ~


Not too sure about my Seam Binding, I tried to pull my centre thread (as per instructions), but obviously was doing something wrong, it just didn't happen for me (any suggestions out there would be greatly appreciated) ~ so instead, I very carefully placed Sticky Strip to the back as I manipulated the binding into shape!


If you have never tried the 'wax paper resist' technique,
you really should give it a whirl!
Beate has a wonderful tutorial on Splitcoast Stampers ~ have a visit!


Thank you so much for stopping by today
~ I hope you have a wonderful day ~
~ Happy Creating ~

  • Stamps: All A Flutter, Elements of Style, Butterfly Prints  
  • Paper:  Glossy White CS, Blush Blossom, Cherry Cobbler, Always Artichoke, 
  • Ink: So Saffron, Cherry Cobbler, Always Artichoke
  • Acc: Wax Paper, Always Artichoke Seam Binding, Small Pearls, Little Leaves, Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border, Scallop Trim Boarder, Circle Cutter, Small Flowers (non SU)  

8 comments:

  1. your card is beautiful denise.
    love the flower stamp and the coloring.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card. Am I missing this one too??:(
    Oh yes, I like doing wax paper tech - creates a great design and pretty much different every time.
    Fun ribbon technique even if it didn't quite work the way you wanted it to. I love your butterfly on the inside.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found your blog because I follow the lady who gave you ghe Liebster Award. I scrolled through your recent posts and love the cards you have made.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey lady, I love your shufflin'. Fabulous card. Be sure get your award off my blog today. Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another stunning creation Denise, l love the main circle panel.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time in leaving me a comment! I hope I have inspired you ~ I do take the time to read each comment and value your words of encouragement! Have a great day and happy creating!