Paper Players Challenge #34

Do you ever buy a stamp set that you just HAVE to have, and then never do anything with it! I am famous for that...hmmm...maybe I have too many toys ~ oh, what am I saying, of course I could never have too many toys! Well, I just love this stamp set and it was so much fun playing with it today! And here's another shabby vintage card! I love playing with that style and the colors from the Paper Players challenge #34 were perfect for this set, I knew right away that I would be pulling out 'Have A Seat' from my stamp shelf! My stamps sets are all in alphabetical order on my shelves and then stamped in a catalogue, this way when my friends come over to play, they can easily find what they're looking for! 


If these colors don't scream vintage...I don't know what does!
So here's my card ~


~ here's a little side shot ~



 And here's the inside of the card. I created my little rosette's with a quilling tool, added some two way glue and then added some Dazzling Diamonds ~ I added way more dazzle than I wanted ~ too much dazzle for me, I was hoping for a more subtle look on my rosette's!


Well I hope you enjoyed your little visit with me ~ thanks so much for stopping by ~
I hope you enjoy your day!


  • Stamps: En Francais, Have A Seat, Oval All, Define Your Life
  • Paper: Crumb Cake, Cajun Craze, Cherry Cobble, Whisper White  
  • Ink: Cherry Cobbler, Crumb Cake, Early Espresso 
  • Acc: Hemp Twine, Buttons Latte, Small Oval & Medium Oval Punch, Hodgepodge Hardware, Grosgrain Ribbon 

Comments

  1. Darn, I just HAD to have that set, which I love, and haven't hardly used it. What a great sentiment to go with it..and I love the roses!!! I need to get a quilling tool, it makes it so much easier! GREAT card for the challenge colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too have this set and have barely used it. Great job with the colors and I love what you did with the ribbon! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, funny you should mention that, I buy sets I don't use all the time!! I seem to turn to the same favorites over & over. Love your use of the colors, and the shabby chic style of your card! Thanks for playing along with The Paper Players this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful vintage card, Denise. I love it. I have this set but it has never seen ink. Maybe I should do something about that. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, wow! This is fabulous! Great job with the challenge colors! So many wonderful details!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your rosettes are fabulous! I should pull out my quilling tools and make them at home with my stamping tools. Thanks for the reminder. Love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Denise - what a fabulous job with the quilling. LOVE IT! I also love the rest of your vintage card, too. The frayed ribbon holding the tag is perfect. All round, fabulous vintage card. Gorgeous.
    So glad you joined the Paper Players this week
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this bench and the wonderful vintage details! Now I am going to have to buy this set:-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card Denise. That "seat" looks so inviting just to slow down, sit and visit a while. These colours are great together. I like the way you did the sentiment - fun button accent. Your rosettes are so pretty - I'd love to learn how to do them sometime too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time in leaving me a comment! I hope I have inspired you ~ I do take the time to read each comment and value your words of encouragement! Have a great day and happy creating!

Popular posts from this blog

Card Class This Week !!!

Technique Tuesday, Adoring Hearts ~ #denisewillerton #stampinchezmoi #stampinupcanada

Kylie's Highlights Winners Blog Hop #denisewillerton #bloghop #stampinupcanada #stampinchezmoi