Lest We Forget !

I don't know if you're aware of the fact that I'm a base brat ~ an Canadian Air Force kid ~ yup that's me, I grew up in the Air Force ~ I've lived all across Canada and my father was posted in Germany for a 5 year term, so the family packed up once again as we traveled across the ocean and made home in Germany for 5 years.  This was my life, a great life of adventure, packing and moving again and again!
And today is Veterans Day ~ Remembrance Day ~ a day that was always celebrated largely in the Air Force.  We would hear the fighter jets approaching and there was ALWAYS a dance in the clear blue sky that was performed every year over the Air Force base where we lived.  It was always a day of somber celebration, and so today, on this Remembrance Day, I come to you and ask that you take a moment and reflect on the reality of the men and women who sacrificed their lives so we could live in a country of freedom, peace and security.  
However, this Remembrance Day feels different for me.  A day of reflection, a day of missing my father oh so much, a day of unrest as we approach another season of Code Red in Winnipeg, a day of knowing that we won't see our family and friends for several weeks.  I have cried, I'm tired of crying, and yet I know and believe with my whole heart that this is just a season ~ so I trust, I pray and I anticipate the day, the weeks, the months to come when this will all be just a memory ~ I pray that the many things that I have learned in this season will not be forgotten!  The importance of friendships, of family, of relationships, for this is the most important blessings of our lives ~ relationships, this where we are blessed, where we are loved.  So please take a moment, reflect on your blessings, there is ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS, something to be thankful for ~ I'm thankful for you!  Be encouraged, Be strong, Be safe! 




So with all this, I bid you adieu ~
 May the Lord bless you and keep you, may the Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you. The Lord turn His face towards you and give you peace. 
 If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask ~ I'd be happy to help you!!! 
 Shop on line in the comfort of your home ~ https://denisewillerton.stampinup.net/special 
 If you live in Winnipeg and would like to join one of my classes, I would love to stamp with you and your friends!! Drop me a line for further info! I'd love to meet you! 
Enjoy your day! 
 Please pop in on http://www.chezmoicreations2.blogspot.com ...you'll find a link to some knitting that I've created. Drop me a line if you have any questions!

Comments

  1. Well said my friend. It is true we must keep Remembering........and Be Thankful.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time in leaving me a comment! I hope I have inspired you ~ I do take the time to read each comment and value your words of encouragement! Have a great day and happy creating!

Popular posts from this blog

Card Class This Week !!!

Technique Tuesday, Adoring Hearts ~ #denisewillerton #stampinchezmoi #stampinupcanada

Kylie's Highlights Winners Blog Hop #denisewillerton #bloghop #stampinupcanada #stampinchezmoi