STB#, MTs 133, Sail Away With Me!

Although we don't own a sail boat, I love the idea of sailing away for a day and just enjoying the water and peacefulness that seems to go along with sailing :-) ~ my little birthday cards gives me a sense of peace and calm in the midst of the storms that we seem to be facing lately!

I loosely followed the sketch from Match the Sketch (hope that's okay) and my favourite birthday site, Seize The Birthday challenge. I have been committing to sending out birthday wishes this year and doing pretty good with keeping ahead of it all (although, this past week and a bit, haven't been done) ~ belated cards, here we come!


My "Sail Away With Me" birthday card



thanks So much for popping in today ~ have a wonderful day ~ Blessings to you ~  

Card Base ~ Pistachio Pudding ~ 8 1/2 x 5 1/2 ~ score at 4 1/4
Layer 1 ~ Whisper White 5 1/4 x 4 ~ Stamp bottom portion randomly with ‘splotch’ from Swirly Bird using Pool Party ~ stamp smaller ‘burst’ from Swirly Bird or Sponge in the top left corner using So Saffron ~
Layer 2 ~ Night Of Navy 5 1/4 x 1 3/4 ~ run through Big Shot using ‘waves’ from Swirly Scribbles Thinlits ~ adhere to Marina Mist 5 1/4 x 1 3/4 using Fine-Tip Glue Pen, fuzzy cut ~ adhere to card as per picture
Layer 3 ~ Daffodil Delight 1 3/4 x 1 3/4 ~ run through Big Shot using the smaller Swirl from Swirly Scribbles Thinlits ~ adhere using Fine-Tip GP onto the sponged/stamped area
Layer 4 ~ Whisper White 2 x 2 scrap ~ stamp boat base using Basic Black, stamp ‘sails’ using Pistachio Pudding, fuzzy cut.  Using piercing mat and Aqua Painter, give the sails and boat dimension by massaging into the piercing mat ~ use dimensionals to adhere to card over the ‘water’ area

Being sure not to stamp onto the sails, stamp little red flag onto the Whisper White layer ~ Adhere sequins where desired! stamp desired sentiment from Balloon Celebration using Real Red

If you live in Winnipeg or the vicinity and would like to host a party I would love to come and stamp with you and your friends!! Or, if space is an issue, come here and create with me at one of my many clubs or classes! Drop me a line for further info! I'd love to meet you! Enjoy your day! 
 Please pop in on http://www.chezmoicreations2.blogspot.com ...you'll find a link to some knitting that I've created. Drop me a line if you have any questions!

Comments

  1. Denise, I love your peaceful water scene... the sun is so striking! And the waves for the sailboat to be on are perfect! Thank you for sharing this at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cool! Love how you created this scene. Well done. :)
    Thanks for playing along with Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Denise!
    I have been viewing your site here occasionally over the past couple of years and have to admit that I know little about Scrapbooking but enjoy seeing your family pictures and am floored by how quickly and large your family has grown! Thank you for doing that. I don't wish to obtrude in any way but your pictures do bring back memories long forgotten of your parents and your siblings. I wish you all well! Could you supply me with your mother's number? I promised mine that I would try and find it for her. Thank you in advance!

    kdawe@telus.net

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time in leaving me a comment! I hope I have inspired you ~ I do take the time to read each comment and value your words of encouragement! Have a great day and happy creating!

Popular posts from this blog

Card Class This Week !!!

Technique Tuesday, Adoring Hearts ~ #denisewillerton #stampinchezmoi #stampinupcanada

Kylie's Highlights Winners Blog Hop #denisewillerton #bloghop #stampinupcanada #stampinchezmoi