The Paper Players #48 & PPA95 Challenges

Good afternoon! Well I have a confession to make!
I'm a hoarder. Yes, that is correct ~ I hoard.....DP...... and so today....I broke free and grabbed a sheet from Cottage Wall (I know...I've had it forever) ~ well I cut it to the size that I needed, just a small gasp as I placed snail on one side (and it was such a sweet design)....I placed it down....and I survived! hmmmm, maybe I can do this!!! 
What a great day to create, it's super chilly outside and now it's raining, so glad I was able to get some gardening done yesterday. While I was outside, I snapped a few pictures of the trees if the front, they are absolutely stunning and in full bloom ~ the picture doesn't do it justice, but I'd like to show you anyway!



If you take a closer peek, you can see some of my flower pots on the front step ~ we've had frost for 4 nights in a row!!!! yikes ~ summer is coming...correct???



So now onto the challenges that I entered today ~ there is a certain VERY special someone having a birthday next week and she's getting a NEW Bike ~ so these challenges were absolutely what I needed to create my wonderful DIL's Birthday Card. the sketch challenge is from The Paper Players #48
along with the challenge from PPA95 using brads in your creations....so away I went



I sure hope Charlene likes her new bike as well as her birthday card!
We love you Chars ~ have a great day and enjoy your new wheels!!!





Thank you so much for stopping by today ~ I hope you have a great day and that the sun is shining in your corner of the world ~ if it's not...just remember, that there are Blue Skies Behind. Our son Marc has written a song by that title, have a listen here! Have a wonderful day!

If you live in Winnipeg or the vicinity and would like to host a party I would love to come and stamp with you and your friends!! Or, if space is an issue, come here and create with me at one of my many clubs or classes! Drop me a line for further info! I'd love to meet you! Enjoy your day!

  • Stamps:  Pedaling Past, Teeny Tiny Wishes
  • Paper: Cottage Wall DP, Basic Black, Whisper White, Bravo Burgundy  
  • Ink: Versa Mark 
  • Acc: Silver EP, Boho Blossom & Itty Bitty Sharps Punches, Silver Brads, Picket Fence Border Punch (non-SU) 

Comments

  1. Oh Denise - I so love this card. I want to make one too ;) I love the sketch and the layers of circles. That bike image is wonderful - is it SU? Great job on using the brads on the wheels and the flower centers. Adorable inside......I just love everything about this card. I didn't get to "play" today:( but I'm glad you did. Thanks for sharing your picture of your gorgeous trees too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, Denise! I love the circular mats. The blossoms are the perfect touch to accent the bike. Gorgeous trees! And what a talented son! Thanks for playing at my two favorite challenges...The Players and The Pals!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful Denise! Love that bike image!! Your yard looks lovely too...could you come over and do our front yard please! ;)
    Thanks for joining us at the Paper Players.
    Smiles,
    Lesley
    (Fellow Canuck)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, this is just too stinkin' cute! I LOVE what you've done here! I always like this little bicycle---perfect card for that special someone! Thanks for playing with the Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What beautiful pictures; those trees are just amazing! I love your card, especially those cool fence on the inside. Thanks for joining The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just stunning, Denise!! I love the crisp white against the black.

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is simply beautiful deb.
    love the colors and the bike.
    your pictures are looking great too.


    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely card Denise, that bike is gorgeous, love the inside with the picket fence!
    What a beautiful blossom tree, such a pretty view to have and oh my goodness...what a talented guy your son is! An absolute pleasure to listen to...Thank you for sharing his talent.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty card. I love the brads on the bike. Thank you for playing along with Pals Paper Arts.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so glad you cropped out a bit of the Cottage Wall paper for this card - it's darling! I love the colors and the way the image pops against the black. What a perfect summer card - fits right in with your beautiful yard!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this card, of course thats my fav DSP too and I don't have any left. I so know how you felt adding that adhesive!!! Your trees and flowers are gorgeous!!! I so miss my flower gardens since we moved. Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is outstanding inside and out!!! I love the use of the brads and of course how you made the bike pop... Clever and Cute.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time in leaving me a comment! I hope I have inspired you ~ I do take the time to read each comment and value your words of encouragement! Have a great day and happy creating!

Popular posts from this blog

Card Class This Week !!!

Technique Tuesday, Adoring Hearts ~ #denisewillerton #stampinchezmoi #stampinupcanada

Kylie's Highlights Winners Blog Hop #denisewillerton #bloghop #stampinupcanada #stampinchezmoi